Thursday, September 26, 2013

Black Robe

Supreme Court

Chief Justice Roberts´ Chambers

ROBERTS: [on throwaway cell): I´ve done what you wanted: I twisted the Constitution into a pretzel to vote for the PPACA. Now, the tape. You promised me that tape.

All right. Special Courier, my office, ten minutes. I´m getting the only copy that exists, correct? That´s what we agreed to.

Hello? Hello?

Yes, I've got my tinfoil hat on. 

Roberts is smart enough to know what he was unleashing on the country. But he voted yes. And his reasoning was bizarre by any standard.

You could argue that he wanted to bring the Court together, that he didn´t want to infringe on the powers of another branch, whatever. His vote simply doesn´t pass the smell test. I don´t think we´ll ever know the whole story behind that vote.

No comments:

Post a Comment