Monday, May 20, 2019

Joe Biden Almost Addresses the Nation


OBAMA: Okay, Joe.  I'll let you carry the ball on this one.  Let’s hear what you’ll tell the country tomorrow night about your gun commission’s recommendations.  

BIDEN: Straight to the point, Big Guy.  You’re gonna like it.  Here goes:

Hey, howya doin’, folks?  I bet you’re thinkin’, “Why’s ole Joe in the Oval Office?”


I’ll tell ya: the Boss doesn’t want his fingerprints on this one.  He said to me, “Joe, I need you to lay down the law on guns.  I can’t, because aside from deciding who to kill with drones,  I have a problem makin’ big decisions.  

Use the Oval Office. Sit in my chair. Maybe someday it´ll be your chair, God help us.  I don’t even want to know what you’re proposing.  Surprise me.”


So, here I am with my recommendation.  Yeah, that’s right, “recommendation.”  No 2000 page report with chapters, subsections, and the like.  Just this one sheet of paper I’m holdin’ up.  On the sheet, one sentence.


Let’s see, 8:04 now.  The country can have a national debate about this until midnight.  Then the order gets signed by Executive Autopen.  The Boss says nobody can actually prove he signed it if the whole thing goes kablooie.


Here’s the deal, and I quote: “Anything fires a projectile, any projectile, it’s banned.”


Clear enough for ya?  No handguns, no rifles, no bazookas, no crossbows, no BB shooters, no nerf guns, no slingshots, no water pistols.  No exceptions.


Whatever weapons you got now that foul afall of the order—uh, fall afoul of the order—you pile ‘em on the curb and the president’s new Civilian National Security Corpse will come by and collect ‘em. 

You wanna appeal to the Supremes, go ahead. Guess which branch of government enforces their decrees.

Now, if you´re listenin’, Piers Morgan, press your hand to the screen and gimme five.


God bless America.

Whatcha think, Chief?  

OBAMA: Val, feel Hillary out about coming on board as vp. Tell her Joe is a real Number Two and we’ve convinced him to resign and spend more time with his family.

2 comments:

  1. I have just learned of your site today, Nov. 8th, 2022. Midterm Election Day here in the U.S.A.! I love your sobering humor!

    After casting my vote early, I can only sit back and pray that my fellow America-loving Patriots show up today and vote in overwhelming numbers to offset any "nefarious vote counting shenanigans" - my GOSH!! I have just surprised myself at how polite I am sounding, and putting into my written word, considering the "BURNING 🔥 FIRES 🔥 of HELL, RAGE" I COMPLETELY feel about/towards THE ONE political party who RIGGED and STOLE our 2020 election. That CAN NOT, ever, Ever, EVER, happen again, here in America! IF, it is attempted, discovered, and disclosed, I fear any bets, any compromise, any chance of reconciliation, is OVER.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the feedback. A lot more here at the blog and in my book. For me it's a choice between humor and going crazy.

      Delete